Despite the best efforts of in-house IT staff, sometimes it’s hard to keep up. Often the most fundamental aspects of keeping your IT infrastructure up and running can bog you down, forcing you to put strategic projects on the back burner.
But are you comfortable with IT outsourcing? Often fear of surrendering control to a third party IT services company holds many IT directors back from taking the leap.
With the right IT services provider as your partner, it’s perfectly possible to retain your strategic power while outsourcing the mundane elements of your IT service and support.
Five Good Reasons to Outsource IT
- Reduced IT support costs. Do you know the costs of providing round-the-clock support for your users? A dedicated in-house facility can quickly become a significant cost center. Thanks to economies of scale, your IT services partner can provide superior help desk at a reduced cost – and with a predictable op-ex budget.
- Improved efficiency of IT operations. IT service providers are very proficient at executing routine tasks such as patching software, monitoring systems and backing up data. By leveraging automation across many clients, they can pass on efficiencies of scale along with peace of mind.
- IT staff retention. Training and maintaining skilled people to manage a core business application is not cheap, and it’s frustrating to see them poached by another employer when they get fed up of being a one-trick pony. You can liberate your in-house IT staff for bigger and better things, increasing job satisfaction by letting your IT services partner do the constant firefighting.
- IT service flexibility. We’ve all seen the ups and downs of business cycles. It’s hard to predict how much support staff you’ll need at any given time – one minute you’ve got guys cooling their heels and the next you’re dealing with overwhelming requests. With an IT services partner, you can scale up and down as needed – both employees and infrastructure.
- Access to skilled resources. It’s hard to find the time to stay up to date on all the new technologies. An experienced partner with expert IT consultation services can offer a wealth of information and advice, as they’re exposed to literally hundreds of clients with needs and challenges similar to your own.
The value of shifting tasks to a third-party IT services provider is significant and quantifiable, but working with the right partner is key.
A good IT services provider will help you identify the pressure points that cause the most pain and that make sense to outsource. Take the time to research the top IT service providers in your area to get the best fit!
Want to learn more about the benefits of outsourced IT?
Take a read of our latest white paper "8 Experts on Outsourcing IT for Strategic Advantage" to learn why IT leaders from 8 mid-sized companies chose to work with a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to off-load the day-to-day burden from their internal teams.